Beverley Grammar School expects all its students to look smart and to adhere to its code of dress. We rely on parents and carers to support us in ensuring that students are appropriately dressed for school. Please ensure all clothing is clearly marked with your child’s name. It is the only way we can ensure lost property is returned to your child.
Important note: there are only three items which cannot be purchased in supermarkets, high street shops, etc.: the BGS jumper, BGS tie and BGS rugby shirt. These must be purchased from Rawcliffes – link below:
Our uniform provider Rawcliffes of Hull have a new location:
17 SAVILE STREET
Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm
Saturdays 10am to 4pm
The school uniform for Years 7-11 consists of the items listed below. We cannot accept any variations on this uniform.
- A black v-necked jumper bearing the school logo*
- A plain white shirt – short or long sleeve
- Beverley Grammar School tie*
- Black school trousers (must not be skinny fit)
- Black shoes or trainers (these must be fully black)
- Plain black shorts
- Plain white short-sleeved t-shirt
- Black reversible rugby shirt*
- Black long football socks
- Trainers – non-marking sole
- Studded football boots
*The black v-neck jumper and rugby shirt are only available from our supplier, Rawcliffes. Please order direct online, or visit their Hull store. The BGS tie is available from Rawcliffes OR the school reception.
We do not permit:
- Any form of jewellery including piercings (even under sticking plaster).
- Hoodies of any type
- Plain black jumpers
Students can also wear:
- A watch
- A plain black hat (whilst outside only)
- A plain black belt